The Club was originally formed as the Old Skinners' rugby football club in 1931. The club remained linked to the Skinners school for many years, despite the increasing number of non old boys who played for the club. In 1970 it was decided that the club should become an 'open' club. This lead in 1973 to the club being renamed Tunbridge Wells Rugby Football Club, and to the club going from strength to strength since.
In 1985 the new clubhouse was opened by the Princess Royal, and in the last few years the club has added twelve and a quarter acres to the ground and undertaking major levelling and drainage work.
On the field the club has seen a number of former players go on to acheive international recognition, prehaps the most famous of which is Martin Corry who was part of the England 2003 World Cup winning squad.
The club is always looking for new members, both playing and social and offers a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere for everyone.